How to Make High Traffic Carpet Look New
How to Make High Traffic Carpet Look New
There’s some good news that comes along with tips on how to keep your carpets in good shape!
It’s this: you have a good amount of control over how your carpet wears.
What we mean by this is that if you choose to make carpet care part of your routine, you have a better chance of maintaining the looks of your carpet.
Keep reading to see what we spotlight as the top three tips for keeping your carpet flooring looking great in high-traffic areas!
Vacuum Cleaning High Traffic Carpet
Your vacuum is going to become your best tool in your carpet maintenance arsenal.
No matter your carpet type or what living space it might be in, regular vacuuming can prolong the life of your carpet.
Here’s what you need to know about your vacuuming rules:
– Vacuum weekly.
– Let the machine do you the work! Do not apply added pressure while vacuuming. Too much pressure can damage the fibers (synthetic fibers or natural fibers).
– Utilize the attachments to get dust, dirt, and other fibers that are stuck in the corners. This will keep the debris from getting onto the main part of the carpet.
– While the attachments are out, take the time to do some upholstery cleaning. This will rid your furniture of any crumbs or other debris that could be hiding, only to later appear on the carpet.
– Utilize a vacuum that is approved by the Carpet and Rug Institute (CRI)
Get in touch with our team to discover your floor covering and installation options. We’re looking forward to working with you.
Deep Clean High Traffic Carpet Areas
Whether you choose to do a DIY deep clean or leave it to a professional carpet cleaning service, make sure to give the carpets a deep cleanevery 12-18 months.
If you opt to do a DIY deep clean, here’s some things to keep in mind:
– Read the manufacturer’s guidelines on any cleaner you use.
– Spot-test your carpet cleaner on a lesser-seen part of the carpet. Make sure the carpet fibers agree with the cleaner!
– Only use the recommended amount of cleaning solution. It is recommended to go over areas more than once to remove tough stains. Utilizing extra cleaning solution is tough to remove from the carpets. This excess soap acts as a magnet attracting new dirt.
– Vacuum your carpets thoroughly – the cleaner the carpet, the more accepting it will be to the deep clean!
– Turn on the carpet cleaning machine and start making your way out, working in small sections.
– Don’t let the cleaning machine stay in one spot too long. You do not want to over-saturate the fibers!
– Let the carpet air dry completely. The longer you let the carpets dry before you walk upon them, the better! Walking on carpets when they are still wet will cause damage.
Rugs Help Preserve the Longevity of Carpet
Not only can area rugs add a certain visual interest to your space, but they can also help protect your carpets so they look better in the long run.
Strategically placing a runner in the highest trafficked areas will help preserve the longevity of your entire carpet area.
In terms of interior design, runners can also be a fun way to add some energy to your space if you opt for a trendy or uniquely patterned rug.
If you have a patterned carpet already, a neutral runner can get you where you need to be, too!
Area rugs are another excellent rug option that can cover more ground. They are larger than runners and can be put in different locations throughout a space.
Just like it’s suggested to move furniture around a room to make sure the carpet colors in the same way, it’s also important to move the location of your area rug for the same reason.
Conclusion – How to Make High Traffic Carpet Look New
Choosing carpeting as your flooring solution is a great way to add warmth and depth to a space!
By taking care of it the right way, you are putting yourself in a position to have your carpets for years to come!
Get in touch to get started on your carpet project. Our friendly staff can arrange a time for you to visit our showroom or for our professional team to visit your home or commercial property for an on-site estimate. Call 763-503-0100.
Carpet Cleaning High Traffic AreasWhen it comes to cleaning practices for traffic-friendly carpets, you must...
Best Carpet for High Traffic AreasToday’s carpeting products greatly overshadow the carpeting of the past!...
What is Commercial Luxury VinylCommercial-grade luxury vinyl is a luxury vinyl flooring product that’s known...